Steve Sensenig at Theological Musings has tagged me. This tag is rather ambigously titled “Five(ish) Things About Me”. I must say that of all of the memes I have seen, this one caused more genuine introspection than any. It is kind of a “Where I am right now” sort of thing. So here goes.
0) What’s your name and website URL? (optional, of course)
I have always been told that my name is Gordon Cloud. At times I questioned it, at times I wanted to deny it. However, my driver’s license says it so it must be true.
My url is http://www.heavenlyheartburn.wordpress.com .
1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Other than ministry (which it seems I have been involved in all my life) I once worked on a brick mason’s crew. I really enjoyed working outdoors and seeing the progression of the work.
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
B. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
A. I wish I had continued the piano lessons that I took when I was a young lad.
B. Write a novel.
3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
A. I would like to be a better writer. I would also like to be a better cook/chef.
B. I think it would be nice to be able to learn some leadership skills from Ronald Reagan.
4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
B. Now list two more words you wish described you…
A. Laid-back, funny, helpful
B. Skinny, compassionate
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
God, my family, ministry
6) Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
I would ask Moses how it felt when he saw the Red Sea parting after he stretched his rod over it.
(I don’t know the answer, that’s why I would ask him. 🙂 )
[Bonus: What is one question you wish people would ask themselves?]
Am I taking myself too seriously?
I tag anyone who reads this and would like to participate. I encourage you to do so, it makes you think.